Mount Calvary Baptist in Valdese is seeking a part-time Student Ministries Leader. We are a growing church with an average weekly attendance between 100-150.
Our mission is simple – To Love God and Love our Neighbors. We exist to show people the love of Christ, to support membership in His family, to grow together towards spiritual maturity, and to equip each other for personal ministry. We hope that by doing so we magnify the name of our God. We seek to proclaim the gospel and celebrate the love of God for all people through discipleship, within the dynamic of corporate worship, and in our daily lives. We seek to bear witness to the love of Jesus to all in our community and our world through our own individual efforts, in our cooperative efforts through the local church, as well as with other Christian ministries and public efforts.
The Student Ministries Leader will be directly responsible for the direction and oversight of our student ministries, which covers all students from middle school through high school. The ideal candidate should be a dynamic, energetic, and engaging leader, capable of showing a genuine love for students and for becoming an integral part of their lives. This person should also have a solid, foundational knowledge of the Word of God, with the ability to communicate the truths found in Scripture on a level students can relate to and understand. The successful candidate will serve as a true partner in ministry, and will empower and encourage our students along those same lines.
At present, we have teams and volunteers in place for all our student groups. Our elementary aged students participate in RA’s, GA’s, Sunday School, and Children’s Church. Our Youth meet on Sunday Mornings, Sunday Evenings, and Wednesday evenings. We presently try to hold one special event per month (lock-in, concert, movie night, etc.) which is open to both our Youth and College aged members.
Please submit all resumes with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The role of the Student Ministries Leader is to provide leadership and service for students from 6th Grade through 12th Grade. This role requires a firm grasp of the vision, culture and mission of Mount Calvary and the ability to work with a broad range of people groups. The Student Ministries Leader works closely with and is directly accountable to the Senior Pastor.
The Student Ministries Leader will be responsible for the following:
Direction of the Student Ministries Program
1. Implement a loving and nurturing philosophy of student ministry that is consistent with the
mission, vision and values of Mount Calvary Baptist Church, and is also community focused; effective in
reaching youth both within and outside of the church.
2. Define yearly goals and create a plan to achieve them
3. Work with/co-lead a team to create, coordinate and plan all teaching materials and
curriculum for Student Ministries
Student Ministries Leadership
1. Recruit a team of volunteers to execute Student Ministries
2. Provide training and leadership development to Student
Ministry team members and Student Leaders
3. Ensure that all student ministry events and services are executed to the standards of Mount Calvary
Ministry to Students
1. Develop disciples: we want to see the lives of students transformed
2. Shepherd the students that attend Mount Calvary
3. Develop leaders within the youth program
4. Administrate the budget for the Student Ministry
5. Teach or coach people to teach at weekly or monthly events
6. Plan and execute a calendar of events that promotes growth and community and
accomplishes the goals outlined for Student Ministry
7. Spend time with students and provide support to them in times of crisis and celebration
Skill Requirements: Leadership Skills, Teaching Skills, Computer Skills, People Skills, and