Mount Calvary Baptist in Valdese is seeking a part time Minister of Students. Mount Calvary is a growing church with an average weekly attendance between 100-150.
Our mission is simple – To Love God and Love our Neighbors. We exist in order to show people the love of Christ and to support membership in His family; to grow together towards spiritual maturity and equip each other for personal ministry, in order that in so doing we might magnify God’s name. We seek to proclaim the gospel and celebrate the love of God for all people through discipleship, within the dynamic of corporate worship, and in our daily life.
We seek to bear witness to the love of Jesus to all in our community and our world through our own individual efforts, in our cooperative efforts through the local church as well as with other Christian ministries and public efforts.
This person will be directly responsible for the direction and oversight of our student ministries, which covers all school aged young people from K-12, and includes our College students as well. They will ideally be a dynamic, energetic, and engaging leader, who has a real love for students and for becoming an integral part of their lives. At the same time, the successful candidate will serve as a true partner in ministry, and will empowered and encouraged along those lines.
At present, we have teams and volunteers in place for all our student groups. Our elementary aged students participate in RA’s, GA’s, Sunday School, and Children’s Church. Our youth meet on Sunday Mornings, Sunday Evenings, and Wednesday evenings. We presently try to hold one special event a month (lock in, concert, movie night, etc.) which is open to both our Youth and College aged members. The Minister of Students will be asked, in addition to those times, to maintain weekly office hours, and to attend typical church meetings and functions. All hours served are flexible, and not to exceed 20 hours per week as a rule.
Please send all resumes to: 704 Praley St SW Valdese, NC 28690. They may also be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The role of the Youth Pastor is to provide leadership and service for students from 6th Grade to 12th Grade. This role requires a firm grasp of the vision, culture and mission of Mount Calvary and the ability to work a broad range of people groups. The Youth Pastor works closely with and is directly accountable to the Senior Pastor.
The Student Minister will be responsible for the following:
Direction of the Student Ministries Program
1. Implement a loving and nurturing philosophy of student ministry that is consistent with the
mission, vision and values of Mount Calvary, and is also community focused; effective in
reaching youth both within and outside of the church.
2. Define yearly goals and create a plan to achieve them
3. Work with/colead a team to create, coordinate and plan all teaching materials and
curriculum for Student Ministries
Student Ministries Leadership
1. Recruit a team of volunteers to execute Student Ministries
2. Provide training and leadership development to Student
Ministry team members and Student Leaders
3. Ensure that all student ministry events and services are executed to the standards of Mount Calvary
Ministry to Students
1. Develop disciples: we want to see the lives of students transformed
2. Shepherd the students that attend Mount Calvary
3. Develop leaders within the youth program
4. Administrate the budget for the Student Ministry
5. Teach or coach people to teach at weekly or Monthly events
6. Plan and execute a calendar of events that promotes growth and community and
accomplishes the goals outlined for Student Ministry
7. Spend time with students and provide support to them in times of crisis and celebration
Skill Requirements: Leadership Skills, Teaching Skills, Computer Skills, People Skills, and